Tuesday, February 27, 2018

reverse shopping list


I like to make lists.  After a bout of purging it's good to take inventory.  Here we have our pantry cupboard.  I decided to clean it out and take stock before we went out shopping.  For someone new to the whole-food plant-based lifestyle it may seem like there is not a lot to eat.  After I delivered my son, the one of the midwives went looking for a snack.  She couldn't find anything!  Eventually she settled on an apple which was located in the fridge.



A few notes on the inventory: We don't cook with oil anymore.  We don't even eat much oil really.  I just use the oils to season our cast iron frying pan.  Some of the sugars and the all-purpose flour are a rare treat, just for birthdays, etc.  They are vegan, but not wfpb.  My source of shame, in the vegan community is at the bottom right.  Honey isn't vegan; technically I'm a mel-vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment