Tuesday, December 16, 2014

free baby

I couldn't believe the abundance.  This baby was going to be free.  I looked in the drawers and thought that the baby already had twice as many outfits as I did.  Everyone kept giving us stuff.  I took it all hungrily.  Hey, free stuff.

I considered that maybe I needed to minimize a little bit, donate some extras.  How many sleepers does a newborn need?


Before I had a chance to cull some outfits I heard Kitson come home from work.  He had some boxes of baby clothes that had been handed down to us.  Some of the clothes were big enough for when the baby would be two years old.


How many sleepers does a newborn baby need?  Certainly not fifty!  Or maybe I could dispose of one every day to cut back on laundry?

I always feel less guilty consuming when I'm fishing from the waste stream.  Where does it all go once the thrift stores can't sell it?  If you buy anything new please buy good quality because it will live so many more lives before it ends up in the dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment