Thursday, July 3, 2014

big berries and ballon blasts

The first raspberries are ripe for picking.  One berry got ripped before the photo shoot and passed out on the floor twice before the session even began.


...

In front of our house I like to position the 'free' pile.  I'm not sure if the neighbours love it, but I sure do.  Countless people have gotten treasures (or junk) from our hand-me-down stash.  Today our summer umbrella was claimed.  It didn't tilt so it was really useless in the afternoon sun, and it's far too hot to sit out mid-day.  We made the decision for the umbrella to go after I broke the umbrella stand.

I think the umbrella stand was meant to be filled with sand but I had chosen water, which had since gone putrid.  I attempted to tip the water out of its container off the edge of the deck, but it slipped through my fingers, exploding like a water balloon into the yard below, blowing itself to smithereens.

I don't usually recommend purging by method of vandalism.  I suppose I have taken a hockey stick to a perfectly good alarm clock once but that was a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment