Friday, July 11, 2014

the canoe

My husband told me a few years ago that he wanted a boat.  I told him it wasn't in the budget.
"But it's only $300!"  I decided that wasn't too bad and he got his boat.

People ask what kind of canoe we have.  I always tell them the kind that has a regatta '78 sticker on it.


The other sticker is in memory of my husband's cousin Neil, who is best know for being glad.

The wood trim around the fibreglass had cracked and Kitson replaced it with new wood.  We polished it up with our home made all purpose polish (half beeswax dissolved into half olive oil) which aids in waterproofing.

More recently Kitson decided the boat needed some handles.  He used some scrap rope and threaded it through some irrigation tubing that was laying in the backyard in a sorry heap.  Ta-da!


No comments:

Post a Comment