Tuesday, July 22, 2014

no one rides for free

It's lovely to eat food you've grown, foraged, or caught.  I'm undecided if we're living off the land when we go fishing since I know they stock the lakes around here.  Kitson told me that they don't stock them every year, just when the fish numbers dwindle.  We're suburban homesteaders, not doomsday preppers, so what's the big deal?


I never got my fishing license this year, but that won't stop me from getting out in the canoe.  I'm tired of hearing, "FER! Check your rod! FER! You've got a fish!"  I just want to read and write, or draw a picture.  It's comfy in the canoe when one end is full of pillows.


The trout tastes fantastic when we cook it at home and know where our food comes from (although I'd love to steal the trout recipe from the restaurant at Hillside Winery).  Does anyone have a good trout recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment