Thursday, July 10, 2014

he thought the trees might be 100 years old

At the winery where my husband works, two large cherry trees stand out front.  The fruit was ready that day so we took the opportunity to glean.  I threw my water bottle in my purse and we proceeded to fill a wine box with cherries.

I was up a tree, when I saw my husband's boss' boss' boss setting up a ladder.
"Be careful!" he shouted.  He knew I was pregnant.  He was overjoyed that we were out there to pick the fruit.  The man was best known for being very rich and I enjoyed the sight of him perched on that rickety old ladder.  He was also known for working really hard and he picked the same amount as the two of us in less time.  He was there for the same reason, to enjoy it at home later.

I thought it would make a great photo op for the blog so I went down the tree for my purse.  Unfortunately, while I was up a tree the purse had filled with water.  My camera and phone floated somewhere in the purse's watery depths.

The phone came back to life after three days in a bag of rice.  I'm still waiting to try the camera.
Here are the cherries, safe at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment