Monday, July 28, 2014

minimize stress by limiting the number of times you check your phone

We put an offer on a house today.  Often we've felt that we could take our food forest to the next level if we owned the land we worked on.  I'm not quite sold on the concept of home ownership, it being more maximalist, but I couldn't quite bring myself to rent a Bobcat these last three years.  To me, the removal of annoying dead stumps in the ground is an expense for the property owner.

While others are flattening their lawn, we might create waves and mountains where a dry shrub would live on the peak and lettuces can nestle in the grooves below.  We'd paint, we'd polish, we'd do laundry in the laundry room.  We'd pay hundreds of thousands to get our hands on extras like a dishwasher.

We'll get to hear back one way or the other by late tomorrow evening and I must not begin to pack just yet.  The realtor will phone us and maybe even meet us.  Although her office was small, I believe it could still do with some minimizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment